The MWACD 2015 meeting will be held at the Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza.
Marriott is offering a special group rate for the meeting of $125.00 USD per night. Rate includes complimentary self parking and guest room internet. This special rate will be honored so long as rooms in our meeting block remain available, so please make your travel plans early. Click here to reserve your room at the special meeting rate.
Self-parking is free for overnight guests at the Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza; when registering for your room, please ignore the $15/day shown on the website.
If you are not staying at the Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza:
Transportation between the Kansas City Airport and the Marriott:
- You can pay for parking at the hotel. Rates are $15 for 8+ hours, or $7 for less than 8.
- Valet parking is also available at the hotel. Rates are $19 for 8+ hours or $12 for less than 8.
- There is some street parking available, and if you don't mind a walk (couple of blocks) there are many free parking garages on the nearby plaza.
- The Kansas City airport (MCI) is located on the outskirts of the city, ~25 miles from the Marriott. Estimated taxi fare from the airport to the Marriott is $65/one way.
- A more affordable option is the SuperShuttle Shared Van (max number of passengers = 10) which starts at $19/one way. Prices go up from there depending on option chosen (non-stop, fewer passengers, from $44 to $79). Reservations to the airport are required. Reservations from the airport are not required but are recommended.
- Uber is also an option.
- Unfortunately public buses are not a convenient option since the trip will require several bus changes and take ~1.5 hours.